4.23.2013

Hello, April! (And farewell, too, since I guess you're almost over. How'd that happen?)

I've been a little absent for the past month, mostly just because I didn't really notice April had come, and now it's almost gone.

To quote one of Miss E's (current) favorite books right now, "Hubba-What?!?" I know. I can't believe April's almost over either.

To catch you up to speed, I thought I'd do a little, well, catching up. We've had visitors and Easter and more visitors.  There've been some sick days and teething, but mostly warm days where it just wasn't possible to spend a moment inside.

Tot School has gone somewhat off the radar. The thought has been there, and Miss E has been learning SO much, but I just haven't had the time to begin to prepare for any sort of structured activities. This week has been better, so you'll just have to stay tuned for next week's update :)

On to April. Well, rather spring. There was actually a point in time when I didn't think it would ever come. And it's here! It's really, really here! Green pollen and everything!

Daffodils = Spring!

Easter was SO. MUCH. FUN. this year. Seriously. I think during Christmastime, Miss E was still just a smidge young to really get into the magic of it all. But Easter? She loved it!

Not the best quality picture, but I just love the look on her face.
She was so excited to get her Easter basket!

A great friend of ours gave Miss E this giant Easter egg last year, and I decided to keep it for this year. So happy I did! You know what a giant Easter egg holds? MANY SMALLER EASTER EGGS! Honestly this could have been what we did every day and Miss E would have been in heaven. It also led to some really nice Tot School moments, even though they weren't planned.


In addition opening and closing each and every egg a gazillion times, we played a matching game with them. I just found some trinkets in Mr. Kuda's desk drawer to hide under each half. She loved it!



We made cards for the grandparents...


We went up to a sweet little farm where they have an annual Bunnyland Festival. There weren't any bunnies, but lots of sweet activities for the kiddos. Since Miss E is TERRIFIED of live animals other than her dog, I think her favorite part was the playground. Despite this, we had a great time with all of our friends, and it even included a stop on the way to Chick-Fil-A. In my opinion, any day with C of A cannot be bad!

Did I mention it was frigid during the week of Easter?

Poor guy. He's always there, but never enough pictures of his sweet face.

She'll kill me for this one day, but how stinking cute?!
We even had a great Easter egg hunt with the neighborhood kids the day after Easter because we had a rainy Sunday. Miss E loved this because it was like Christmas two days in a row. There were jelly beans! She couldn't believe I was actually letting her eat (some of) them.




So that was Easter! I know it didn't fall in April this year, but it may as well have. Here's a tidbit more of what we've done so far...

We visited the Cherry Blossoms in DC.




Gran came for a visit...


We even discovered some nature (with chosen walking stick, of course)...


And we got to hang out with some old friends...

I love this picture for So. Many. Reasons.

I think it's safe to say we've had a successful spring so far! I'm so excited for this summer to get under way. Here's praying for more sleep, no sick, and lots of fun in the upcoming months!

Until next time,

Mrs. Kuda

2 comments:

  1. Miss E will most CERTAINLY rue her plumbers butt ... and Mr C has SO come into his own. Absolutely love the 4 cousins shot. Love you all ... Grand Daddy & Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow I love the picture of Cranstons/Kudas...oh how I wish we could stick J in there too. Photoshop? He'd be the one diving for the floor, or else snuggling with Alek.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs