10.10.2014

Day 10: Five Minute Friday: Care

Every week, a whole heap of fabulous women get together and write for Five Minute Friday. This month is no different, despite my 31 Day Writer's Challenge. Today's prompt is...

Care

Go.

Before the sun rose this morning, tears began to fall for the wee little boy upstairs. I'm not sure why, as he's gotten better at sleeping more recently, but today it was dark when he decided to wake for the day.

As his tears fell, we gently rocked back and forth till his sobs slowed to a whimper, and we were able to go downstairs to start our day.

These things we do while no one is watching. No one could possibly care; the little somethings that come so naturally, that we do without thinking because we have no choice.

The thing about it is, these things do matter. The small nuances throughout your day, the little sways, the little whispered assurances, the quiet moments of a dark Friday morning. They matter. And though you don't see it at the time, these are the moments that count. The ones that aren't seen or heard by anyone but just the two of you.

Stop.


I can't tell y'all what a relief these Friday mornings are! Just having a word to go on is such a break from the pressure of openly writing every day. That being said, I hope you'll pop over to my 31 days page to enjoy some of the 31 Days of Encouragement.

Happy Friday, y'all!

xoxo, k.

9 comments:

  1. I love these FMF moments, when I know I'm with women who "get me" and truly care. Isn't it incredible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful, post. I'd argue it's those kind of moments that matter more than anything. [I could feel your love from your description; what a beautiful thing!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! These things we do as moms: they're important :)

      Delete
  3. So true. The little moments absolutely do matter. My son is almost 17 and we still have these little things we do, like singing a goofy song together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. C is definitely a momma's boy, and Miss E a daddy's girl. It's so much fun to have these little moments. I try not to rush them and enjoy them in the moment... Even when the sun hasn't come up yet :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful words. I can't explain it, but my heart filled up with those words. I didn't know I needed it. Thank you for sharing an intimate moment that no one sees but truly matters. I'm visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cheryl, I'm thrilled these words spoke to you. God is so good! Those little moments matter for all of us :)

      Delete
  5. You are filling lives with love, with your heart and mind, flowing through your words. Mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs