11.12.2014

Fall Decor Preview (Review?)

I'm aware that it's mid-November. Honestly, the fall decor in this house has been creeping in since mid-September. But there was this little project called 31 Days that kind of took over my life, which meant that all things ceased to exist so I could actually complete it!

My crafty craft desires have been going crazy, though, and poor Mr. Kuda has dealt with the repercussions of this: gold ribbon and sparkly pumpkins showing up in various places around our house. The need for "more garland!" and him constantly hearing, "I just don't think we have enough pumpkins."


And then we decided to host Thanksgiving, and it's pretty much sent me into overdrive, decorating wise.  But I love it, so I thought I'd share some of it with you :)

Just to keep things real, as we are in the constant pursuit of conquering perfectionism in these parts, I thought I'd share what my living room looked like last night, as I finished editing the photos for this post...


There. Feel better?

I should also note, that everything, excluding the live pumpkins, I bought on sale, or already had in my house. The total for all decor was under $40. For a whole season. Win.

Let's start outdoors, shall we? I think it's safe to say I have a healthy obsession with both wreaths, and pumpkins...


A toddler may have been trying to escape. Hence, opening door.
Let's just pretend that it's closed, yes?
For a tutorial on felt flowers, check out my spring wreath where I give some nice details to achieve this look. Love me some felt.


Inside, here's a wreath that started out like this:



And ended up like this:

Nothing a little burlap and acorns from the yard can't fix.
Three bucks at Target, friends. Three dollars.

Above our mantel, we have our television. And while I'm not 100% sold on the fact that it should be there, it is, so we work with it.  Using some garland from our local craft store, I recreated something I found from Pier 1 (for $30 a piece!) in these:


They cost me less than $1 each, and they serve some great texture next to the big 'ole flat screen.

The pumpkin brigade continues throughout the house, stashed in bowls and the like throughout. And there's lots of glittery gourds, too. Because a girl can't help herself...



Glitter pumpkins & gourds found at Hobby Lobby & Family Dollar
And that's pretty much it! Next week, I'll give you a sneak peak of our Thanksgiving table. I'm SO excited to be hosting this year's feast, as it's the first Turkey Day in our new house. AND my mom and sister just moved to the area over the summer, so the fact that we'll be all together for the first time under one roof is unprecedented. AND since I don't cook (we leave that to Mr. Kuda), the festive atmosphere is just going to have to be where I put my efforts :)

Here's a glimpse of our place setting. And I'm just going to let you know now, I'm not spending more than a few bucks on fabric for napkins. We are going all out on love and using what we have!


Have a great week friends!

xoxo, k.

5 comments:

  1. What do you have against paper napkins? You are going overboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with your wife on this one! I bought 24 lovely ruby/maroonish colored cloth napkins from Lands' End--they go with every season! But now I have pink carpet (not my choice--rental house), and I'm in the market for some sage-colored ones...

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! Is it ok if I confess that I still have photos to hang after our last move (three years ago)? My eldest daughter is the crazy decorator of the family--maybe I'll just have her look at your blog and then drive ten hours to visit me so that I can have some holiday cheer at my house...wait...maybe I'll just visit her for all major holidays so I can enjoy her cheer and I don't have to decorate (or hang those photos...) ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Want to come to my house and help me out. sigh. Decorating and doing it on a budget....you are a gifted woman.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs