12.20.2014

Five Minute Friday: Adore

Every week, a whole heap of fabulous women get together and bravely write for Five Minute Friday, and it's the last prompt of the 2014! Today's prompt is...Adore

Go.

It's been a rough few weeks. Blatant disobeying and bursts of entitlement of a certain four year old have put me in a pre-Christmas funk I can't seem to shake off. The decorations are brilliantly displayed, the cookies baked, and almost all some a couple of the gifts are wrapped. But my heart... Well, my heart just hasn't been in it.

After the sobs of said four year old brought my fatigued self into her room for the FOURTH time last night (due to her mourning of a lost toy from her antics the day before), I found myself staring out of my bedroom window: silent tears streaming down my cheeks, wondering where I've gone wrong, questioning my parenting skills, and begging for an answer from High Above.

Within the deep dark sky, something caught my eye: a single shining star high above, with mere white specks among it. For weeks I have been racking my brain to the solution of my woes, when God did His thing (once again), and smacked me over the head with His own desire: Come a bit closer, Kristin. Adore Me.



Something about the missteps of the past few weeks had gotten me off course. My head knows the true reason for this sweet anticipation of our Lord's first coming in the flesh and blood of a baby boy, but my heart had lost its way and found itself caught up in the "why me" and "so much to do" and "there's not enough time." Seeing this sweet star in the heavens above in the early hours of this morning gave me the reminder I needed: the one reason we are here, we celebrate, we adore.

Stop.

Well, it's Saturday, and not Friday, but I still feel the need to click "Publish." Because God's drum beats on a different time zone than the rest of us, and I don't think it's an accident that brightly shining star caught my eye last night. From my family to yours, may your days be Merry and Bright, and may you find the time in the rush of these coming days to stop, be still, and adore our sweet Savior in swaddling cloth. Merry Christmas, sweet friends!

xoxo, k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs