2.28.2013

Wednesday Confessional

Well, Wednesday Confessional became Thursday Confessional. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day...

I think we all have toys that we love to hate (or hate to love?) with our kiddos. A dear friend gave Miss E an AWESOME Minnie Mouse bingo game for Christmas. It even came with a cute little purse! Along with that, Miss E now is in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which is great because it's shorter than Sesame Street so I don't feel guilty about putting my kid in front of the TV for a full hour (read: ignore my child for a full hour) at once, but it gives me 25 minutes of me time when I need it. Like when she was up at 5:30 this morning and I really needed my quiet time and a cup of coffee before I became a mom for the day.

The only downside is that there are FIVE HUNDRED MILLION itty bitty Minnie Mouse heads (for the bingo chips, of course) that end up in every nook and cranny of our house. I've (sort of) solved that problem by only allowing a few pieces out at a time, and keeping the rest in a baggy above the fridge. Which is also really helpful when I see one on the floor while vacuuming so I don't feel guilty when I let it go through the crevice tool.

Please don't judge me. There is dust ON my vacuum.
And a ton of dog hair and other yuck on the inside. Sigh.
Word to the wise: if you're going to pull this, for the love of all things that are good, please do not leave the vacuum out for all to see as poor Minnie chokes on dog hair. This will be traumatic to your toddler. I witnessed it first hand. Not pretty.

"But mommy (SOB) she's (SOB) getting so (SOB) dirty!!!!"

What have you done to traumatize your children this week? I want to hear about it!

Until next time,

Mrs. Kuda

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Hun, um, that was me. Since no one wanted to pick it up, I did not want to deprive Dyson from doing so. Minnie only choked and gasped for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs